Responsible for assisting in implementation of service areas as outlined in the Program Plans under the guidance of the Teacher.
(*with Custodial Responsibilities)
(**with Bus Aide Responsibilities)
Hourly, Part Year/Part Time
• A minimum of High School Diploma or GED/TASC (Testing Assessing Secondary Completion) and possess or currently enrolled in a Child Development Associate (CDA credential to be completed within two (2) years; or
• A minimum of High School Diploma or GED/TASC (Testing Assessing Secondary Completion) and possess or currently enrolled in the West Virginia Apprenticeship for Child Development Specialist (ACDS) to be completed within two (2) years; or
• A minimum of High School Diploma or GED/TASC (Testing Assessing Secondary Completion) and possess or currently enrolled in WV Learns Early Childhood Online Learning Series to be completed within two (2) years; or
• Possess or currently enrolled in a program leading to an Associate Degree or Baccalaureate Degree within two (2) years from an accredited college/university:
• Associate Degree in Child Development, Early Childhood, Occupational Development with emphasis in Child Development or Early Childhood; or
• Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood, Preschool, Child Development and Family Studies, Early Childhood Special Education, or an Early Education Field.
• A minimum of one (1) year teaching experience preferred.
Work hours as assigned by Children Services Supervisor; occasional evening/weekend hours and overnight travel as required. Valid driver's license; vehicle with adequate insurance coverage for on-the-job use; safe driving record; State and Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal History Check; Sex Offender Registry Check; Protective Services Record Check; initial Health Assessment and required updates; prior to hire TB Risk Assessment or TB screening by Mantoux method; CPR/FA Card; food handler’s card. Complete application for Career Pathway Registry (STARS) along with application for Trainer Registry. Proof of COVID vaccination card required prior to hire.
Ability to follow directions and carry out assigned duties without direct supervision; experience with preschool children; understanding of and ability to relate to three- and four-year olds and their parents. General skills necessary to perform your job functions: mathematical, spelling, grammar, organizational, communication skills, record keeping, and computer skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, drive an automobile, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 15 pounds.
An agreement must be signed to obtain a Temporary or Permanent Authorization and complete one of the above credentials within 2 years.
Duty Station: Marion County
Chasity Sions, Children Service Supervisor
Marion County Head Start
111 Maple Avenue
Fairmont, WV 26554
NORTH CENTRAL WV COMMUNITY ACTION
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.